Tuesday, May 06, 2003


I'm wondering how big of a COMPLETE egomaniacal nerd I would be if I took computer classes just so I can be a better blogger?? I can't seem to get this right and I keep losing stuff and I have about 300 things that I should be thinking about instead of "where did my damned archives go?"

At the front of the mental burner: pending 30th birthday celebration. It would seem that even Mother Nature is complying with my irrepressible urge to take over everything -- my planned barbecue blow out has been blown out by threatening skies and now the events are going to be at my house. Which is fine, but now I have to actually CLEAN my house. Well, as much cleaning as I would do on any other occasion I suppose. And take my lawn down from its current state of White Trash Chic. Let's just say that I'm not happy about the prospect of having to do manual labor to celebrate my birthday. It's not that I'm a poor hostess (I hope!) -- it's just that I am damned lazy! Not to mention the fact that I was seriously, secretly (although I guess not so secretly anymore now that it's out here in cyber-space) looking forward to having S step up and be cruise director for a while. It was cool that he was taking so much initiative to do stuff and keep me from having to do it. I'm really not used to the men in my life going out of their way to do things for me... Although I FULLY admit that more often than not (particularly in S's case) it's because I don't give anyone a chance to do anything for me because I'm so busy mapping out my social calendar for the next 4 years. But if I weren't planning out all of that social activity then I might have time to go to the grocery store and clean my house and organize my closets and mow my lawn and get a college education and then what on EARTH would I bitch about??

And if I didn't have anything to bitch about then I wouldn't have anything to fill up my blog with and then y'all would just be suffering. That's not fair to the 3 of you! The least I can do is to continue to create random melodramatic things to complain about in order to keep you -- my loyal non-paying audience -- entertained. What can I say?? I am a giver.

Off to stare at things that need to be cleaned and then not clean them...
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts