Thursday, May 29, 2003


So I'm reading this book called Girl Anatomy, and it's kinda freaking me out because it's like I wrote it. The reason this is a source of concern for me is because if I am reading something that SOMEONE else wrote and it sounds like me, then I am more likely than not lacking in anything resembling that remotely resembles originality. That's a bummer! AND that also means that I can now NOT write this book because this other darned chick already wrote it. The main character's the wrong age, though -- nothing interesting happens when you're 24 and you definitely do NOT have this much perspective and insight at that age. (If you happened to be a 24-year-old who has stumbled onto my blog and feel differently, call me in 6 years and tell me that you STILL think you had perspective and insight as a 24 year old.... In fact, look back to 6 years ago: didn't you think you knew it all then?? And aren't you KICKING yourself about all the stuff you did?? Same thing, only worse when you hit 30.)

Funny sidebar -- I was talking to good friend of mine and she was asking if I had any grey hair yet. I do, but it's just in this one patch in the front of my head, kinda like a witch's stripe (it's the bane of my hairdressers coloring experience) -- she pointed out that S has a similar spot on his head. She said it was like we were "marked" for each other. That's kind of disturbing, isn't it?

And final thought... As I was skipping out of work during daylight hours again today, I was thinking that the main reason I like my job is that as soon as I leave my desk and start the trek towards my car I forget altogether about my job. All the little things throughout the day that made me bitch to myself out loud and bang my head on my desk and loudly grind my teeth are dissipated into the work air. I do not take them home with me, I do not fester over them. Maybe enough to occasionally get an anecdote together for the 3 of y'all, but that's about it. And for some reason this reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, which is "the most beautiful thing about the world is, of course, the world itself."

hugs and kisses all --
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts