Sunday, May 04, 2003

Ok. I'm going to try to be calm now, but it's virtually impossible. You (and by you I mean the 3 of you who REGULARLY read) are so not going to believe this, but apparently OTHER people are reading my blog. Like, people who do not know me and therefore haven't witnessed my greatness firsthand and are only being introduced to it by way of this fabulous little blog thing. That means the message is spreading and I, for one, am prepping the Kool-Aid even. as. we. speak. Soon, the world will be filled with my minions (originally typed "mignons" so perhaps I didn't eat enough at dinner after all) and I will be their creator. It'll be like a live-action Sims thing or you know, God. How cool is that?

But seriously. I'm surprised. Not sure how people find me out here amongst the vast sea of other bloggers, though we all know I'm significantly more interesting than they are. But, to be fair, I'm WAY older so therefore have had time to season my humor (which today could use some major marinating) and develop some stories. Not just "like oh my GOD my parents suck soooo much and they never let me talk on the phone past 9 and they only let me have my own computer like a year ago and I need to pass my English test but I'd much rather be sitting here typing these run-on sentences." While my stories are not MUCH better than this, at LEAST I don't have anyone telling me what to do when I'm done and me actually having to do it b/c that person is providing, I don't know, EVERY FRIGGIN THING I WANT OR NEED TO MAKE A COMPLETE HUMAN BEING.

That's when you know you're getting old. You resent teenagers for whining. Suck it up, kids -- it only gets harder. Not that I have it rough or anything, but I'm almost 30 and I still don't make even 30k a year yet. I think there should be some law that you have to at least make a $1000 per year that you've been alive. Like some sort of minimum wage type thing.

Well, I had some goodies that I was wanting to share about spending the day with my mom, but it's all lost in the whirlwind of emotion I got when I found out that people read my blog. And they like me, they really like me!

I'm going to go scout some other blogs to steal some more ideas... Er, I mean... Well, yeah. That's what I meant.

Godspeed -- especially to you newly initiated folk!
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts