Monday, May 05, 2003

I don't know how to tell y'all this but I don't prioritize all of my friends to Category A. That doesn't mean that I don't care about ALL of my friends -- I don't think anyone who has ever REALLY been friends with me would think otherwise. But there are only so many angels you can fit on the head of a pin. And the reality is that I am only able to truly focus on but so many people at a time. Think of it like teacher-student ratio -- in order for there to be quality friendship, there are only so many people who are going to make the top 5 list. Or whatever.

I'm not here to name names, just to explain that sometimes these situations come and bite me in the butt. I invited one of my Category B friends to come and visit and hang out with me for the birthday party weekend stuff. Truth is though that I won't have time for any one on one face time and we got into a bit of a tussle over this. She was more than a little pouty, while trying to pretend to understand. And what can I say?? "Well, if you had made the Friendship Finals, then I would in fact be dropping everything to spend time with you and put everyone else aside." I can't say that and everything else just sounds even worse. So, there's the dilemma: I wanted her to be here for my birthday weekend or I certainly would not have invited her, but I also don't have time to cordon off just for her. (Actually I can only write all this stuff b/c she doesn't have internet access.) I offered to let her stay in my house, but since *I* won't be in my house most of the weekend -- not a great offer either!

I'm supposed to be the one doling out the advice from the mountaintop, not looking for it! In the meantime, I'm hoping someone takes pity on me and gives me some formatting advice... I want my blog to be pretty and interesting and FUN (like me!)... Should I download some kind of editor or get a site I have to pay for or what?!?

Wondering who has me on THEIR "B" list...
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts