Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Had to leave work early today due to some kind of bizarre alien that has decided to inhabit my body... I'm still trying to make it understand that it needs to leave, but that's beside the point. The interesting aspect was when I tried to go to our "clinic" to check out, I was asked if it were IMPOSSIBLE for me to continue working in my condition. What kind of question is that?? Technically, no -- my fingers still work to type, my hearing is still in order and I can see. There is reasonable doubt about my NEED to leave work and I have been found guilty. (In part by my own conscience, even though I legitimately feel like crap.) Where is the compassion? There is a being struggling in my stomach that I may be able to make a million off of, if I could just get those damned Enquirer people to return my phone calls, and I have to explain this? I have to say that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to work because my tumbly is achy? That's just wrong. So, I tried to stick it out, but after causing an abnormality on the Richter scale because of some of my burps and STILL not being able to release the pain, I gave up. Yes, I said -- it IS impossible for me to work.

And as it turns out, also impossible for me to finish typing this bl...

No comments:


Popular Posts