Thursday, May 01, 2003

Party stuff...

So I'm having pool party-barbecue thing for my 30th birthday. And no matter what the size and shape of the person invited, they will inevitably say "well, I'm not going to put a bathing suit on -- I'm not ready for that." I don't understand -- is there some kind of counselling that goes with this? Is there a pill? Okay -- yes, I fully admit to being bathing suit shy (see blog below -- don't remember the date because I don't read this stuff either!), but it's a party. Of friends and friendly people. What are they going to do? Point and stare at my jiggly thighs? Stop liking me because I have a round belly? I'm thinking not. If they were going to do that they probably would have done so a LONG time ago. And the people that say this (women, of course) are usually fabulous looking women who would look great in a bathing suit. I don't know -- maybe it's maturity, because I just really don't care what people think about me and my jiggly thighs anymore. That doesn't mean I'm bounding out of bed every day with love for my extra chin and my super-sized booty, but there's got to be a time that you come to peace with this stuff. And it's like -- it gets really old beating yourself up all the time and the only one who's picking apart all of the imperfections is me. Random people that meet me, they get to know me for my laugh and my wit and my smile and my genuine-ness -- all the rest is just packaging. And anyone that's ever unwrapped a beautifully wrapped gift only to get a really crappy present on the inside KNOWS that the packaging can be deceiving.

Okay, done with the cliches...

One more random -- I will occasionally poke into other people's blog's, just to comparison shop. People, I am one old-ass blogger! Most of the people out there are teenagers whining about how crappy their lives are. Yeah. I wish my life were all about my parents not letting me do drugs and how much damned homework I have. Sigh -- the inhumanity!

When I was your age we didn't have blogs to bitch on! We had to pass notes! HANDWRITTEN ONES!

Ok. I am getting old. And it's midnight and this is when old people go to bed! G'night
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts