Wednesday, May 28, 2003


Note to self: never have children. They do not get sarcasm and that just makes me more sarcastic around them. I don't even realize I'm doing it until I feel the sarcasm dribbling on my chin.

Spent the early evening (EARLY evening, thank you scheduling Gods for allowing me to see daylight even if only briefly) with my godson's grandkids and it was very weird. I was responsible for leading the oldest grandkid away from his dinner (boy, I can't even resist flirting with the 2 year olds for pity's sake) and it was all I could do to get him back. It seems I played the Bob the Builder music when I shouldn't have. I tried to explain that Bob was having dinner and waiting for Baby to have HIS dinner done too, but I was told "Heather, that doesn't work". So that devolved into -- what? You don't want to eat? Suddenly you're too good for food? What's up with that??

Oddly, this ghetto logic didn't work either.

Luckily, seeing DAD eat worked.

They were trying to talk me into a life filled with babies and husband and dog, but I told them they were going to have to work on making it sound more appealing -- no guilty pleasure Sorority Life? What's up with THAT?

Maybe in two weeks, huh S?
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts