Thursday, May 15, 2003

I would like to say that today had been an interesting day -- but that would be a lie. But it's funny because I realized that if we all sneezed simultaneously the world would drown... No, that's not what I thought about, but that's interesting too. What I actually thought about was that everyone -- even realllllly boring people -- can probably extrapolate one little thing from their day and turn it into an anecdote. Where the problem comes in, for me anyways and my concerns about my loyal audience of 3, is just how interesting ARE these events? How noteworthy, how eyebrow-raising -- how worthy of clogging up space on the internet, in other words. Then again: there are LOTS of things clogging up space on the internet that are so much less interesting than I that I have a WAYS to go.

Here are some of today's events that could potentially be converted into anecdotes: * my home refinance is nagging source of stress to me. I changed my mind several times about how I wanted to proceed and that delayed me and then it got down to the wire for my "lock" (apparently it's going to expire) and now we're all scrambling to get closing times in order and final doc's signed, etc. Pain in the ass, but not very interesting. * Finally got my atm card w/the MasterCard logo from my credit union -- fairly large source of joy for me. For reasons that are too lengthy to get into, but easily summed up with "my ex-husband ruined my credit", I couldn't get a credit card debit card until I had been with my credit union for 6 months. For someone who has been in celebrity status of never carrying cash anymore for years prior to changing banks, this was a BIG shockaroo. And the cash just floated through me. I found myself having to really plan where I was going to be and how much money I was going to probably need when I got there. Constant source of frustration to S (the planning, that is), but I didn't want to be ill-prepared and then looking for damned atm's that were just going to rip me off. * Then, still dealing with leftover "party drama hangover" and people keep coming up to me and talking about the party because they don't realize that it's not really a happy subject for me. I have to play it off and try to figure out if they know about the drama and are just prying or if they just want to make small talk (answer: small talk); but it's just irritating. And what's worse is that the people are not meaning to be irritating or hurtful, but that's how I wind up feeling. I do what I can to change the subject but I have never been adept at this... Let's all go back to our history books and remember's Heather's famous subject-changer: soooo, how 'bout those Brooklyn Dodgers? Heard they moved out of Brooklyn, is that a fact??

Then there's just the insurance stuff. I really feel like a big nerd sometimes when it comes to this stuff, because some of it is so fascinating. You just never really think about all of those coverages and what they really mean until the time comes. I just want to make sure that everyone I know is carrying the right stuff! Especially after today where I talked to this woman who turned about to be at-fault for like a 5 car accident and her policy is only going to pay out $25000 for 3 different cars being totalled. I'm not sure if y'all have been new car shopping lately kids, but this is NOT a whole lot. Guess who has to pay the difference?? Not her insurance company, that's for sure.

Oh and then finally -- here's a tip: never, ever whine that your company is not paying you enough money if you don't even notice when they short your paycheck for all of the following: shift differential for working after a certain time at night (16 hours of this), 4 hours of overtime, and 80 hours for the difference between your current pay and the teeny raise they just gave you. They will keep underpaying you and probably tell you that they are paying you more BECAUSE THEY CAN. Definitely need to have the blonde streaks removed from my hair...

That's all for now -- I may be going to late show of the Matrix Reloaded, so stay tuned for possible film reviews. Of course, at the hour that I'm going to see it, the review may consist largely of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts