Thursday, May 08, 2003


Just got home from the airport and I'm going to fall out but wanted to jot down some random thoughts... First, how on EARTH do you get obnoxious phrases out of your head? For years I was throwing around the "there is that" for most every occasion -- I've even routed the blog through that -- and recently started on "so, there you go", from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. But NOW, S has started "it's all gooood" and now *I* can't get it out of my head or mouth and it is SUPER annoying. There has got to be a way to wean (er, ween? wheen? whatever) myself from this phrase. Every time I mutter it I just feel my teeth gritting in resistance. It's all good..grrr...NOT ANYMORE!

I guess the best way is to replace it with another catch-all phrase.

Third party: Heather, we're going to have to shut down your blog due to excessive whininess by someone over the age of 20. Now that you're rolling down to 30, well you're not allowed to blog anymore. This service was started so that young people would have a forum to address their VERY important problems and concerns.

Me: It's all goo... That's cool.

TP: You understand that it's not personal, then?

Me: Yeah, man -- it's all..copasetic.

TP: You're taking this very well for someone who can't go to bed at 1am even though your eyes are little slits but you feel the need to type fake conversations on the internet.

ME: LOOK IT'S ALL GOOD!

Damn. I'm worried. If I start losing my ability to have my own annoying phrases, what have I got left in my bag of tricks?? There's only so much I can get away with without my own Heatherisms. Now I gotta go dredge up some more -isms just to assert my independence and stuff. I hate that!

No comments:


Popular Posts