Wednesday, May 14, 2003

METAMUCIL FOR THE SOUL

I have decided that the above is going to be the title of my imaginary novel... You know, the one I am going to write when I finally get off my ass and decide to start sharing all of my "Heather from Mountaintop" crap with the world. All of my theories and how-I-see-it stuff. And frankly, I think metamucil is something that is more necessary for your soul than chicken soup. Yeah, it feels good to slurp some soup when you're sick -- but what you really need to do is purge the shit OUT, and what is going to do that better than Metamucil??

The things that you hold on to, the beliefs that you have that keep you going and keep you MOVING -- that's what I'm talking about. I believe that things happen for a reason. I don't necessarily mean some Divine reason or for some greater purpose, but there are lessons that need to be learned and certain chains of events have to happen in order for you to learn them. Maybe you would have learned them some other way, some other time. But I think they needed to happen THEN. Otherwise, you're going to keep making the same dumb mistakes over and over. Some people DO make the same mistakes over and over, but that's because they don't have that cleansing action going on in the colon of their soul. They're not learning it, they're not getting it. That's why they need my book!

I really strive to live a somewhat simplified life. I try to keep the drama and the bullshit that directly relates to me as far away as possible. It's the only way you can survive -- you cleanse yourself of the drama. Usually, it's fairly easy. I don't tend to surround myself with overly dramatic people and the people who do have those tendencies tend to move away from me and towards some higher level of drama. I'm willing to listen to it and will often offer advice on how to get out of it. The thing that I have learned though, and this has been through SEVERAL doses of soul metamucil, is that there are a lot of people who really like to live complicated lives. Who thrive on the chaos and discord. I think sometimes I may even be seen as one of those people, but trust -- I'm the person who will compromise myself into nothingness just to avoid the conflict. This is something I'm working on -- how to maintain my sense of self and the things I value while still keeping the ability to compromise and remain flexible.

Well, not sure how I got down that path -- will continue to flesh out my Metamucil idea... Stay tuned for more fascinating details!

Keep that lack of correspondence coming! Not sure what I would do if anyone wrote -- and whatever you do, don't ask for advice! I really hate that...
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts