Wednesday, May 21, 2003


I hate going to the grocery store. Just came home from my ambitious attempt to take care of business BEFORE going to work (BEFORE having a full cup of java, even) and I've spent $44 and I don't know why. Employees in the store must always think I am stoned when I go shopping, because I just look so dazed and confused. I have no concept of what I am supposed to be plucking off the shelves and taking home with me in order for me to feel like I have food in my house. So, I just randomly put things in the cart and hope that I take the time to do something with most of them. The problem with my life is that I do not have time to really fix GOOD things to eat and therefore I wind up eating a lot of crap (Doritos for dinner, anyone?) and have no idea how to cook things. The theory is just gone from me. I used to shop and have things on hand and usually had a base set of things to cook with so all I would need is to add a little this or that. Not anymore. My work schedule which runs my life has eliminated my ability to have anything remotely resembling dinner on any regular basis. When people offer me home-cooked goodies it is literally a restraint not to foam at the mouth.

And I have to marvel at people's abilities to care enough about food to prepare it on a regular basis. It's not that I "forget" to eat, one good look at my hips will tell you otherwise, it's that the fact that I HAVE to eat is very much a nuisance to me. I like a lot of things about food and eating and even some cooking things I have been known to enjoy, but the fact that I can't do those things when I enjoy doing them versus all the damned time so I can live, that is annoying to me. I am, unfortunately, a really good candidate for becoming addicted to any sort of drug where you don't eat for days. I read these warning stories about women who got addicted to such and such drug and they almost died because they didn't eat for days, and I think there's the drug for me! Have a lot of energy AND not have to eat? I'm in favor of that! Please do not try to stage an internet intervention, I do not even know what a crack pipe would look like, okay?


I certainly have made up for taking Monday off by clogging the blog (ha -- blog clog) with randomness in the last 12 hours, eh?
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts