Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Sidenote: My own vanity NEVER ceases to amaze me. I can re-read stuff I wrote YEARS ago, over and over again and never cease to find it interesting... To the point that I develop a strong desire to call people and read them stuff that I wrote years ago to get THEIR thoughts on my writing. And usually, the writing is, of course, ABOUT me. That's the absolute worst part! If I were vainly attached to my writing in general, but the subject matter was typically other people or places or whatever, I think that would be sort of okay. But to be endlessly fascinated with my own journals for God's sake is scary.

Seriously scary.

And that's not even getting into the conversation about the levels of vanity it took to start up the blog that's all about the stuff that goes on in my head. Ridiculous! Who reads this crap? ME! I'm my own number one fan, for the love of God. I'm reading my archives, I'm nitpicking over the details. But, I'm the one that really has the full-on, 3-D version of my head so I guess it would be most interesting to me. Still, it scares me to still get a hearty laugh out of things I said two months ago... Re-reading post from 5/4 where I was talking about Mom's obsession with her thrown away treasures -- I called our attics filled with hoarded crap "a veritable gold mine suspended over our heads" or something like that. I'm sorry, I don't care if I am the one who wrote that, that is just funny funny stuff.

But anyway, enough about me, let's talk about you.

What do YOU think of me? ;-)

-HP

No comments:


Popular Posts