Monday, July 07, 2003

I love reading other people's blogs.

Sometimes, they are pure crap. Seriously. But, every once in a while you stumble across something that is pure BRILLIANCE. And it gives me the same sense of sadness that I have for myself (in my vainer moments) and that is that this talent is NEVER going to be appreciated. Sometimes the blogs are from folks who are already making their living creatively, like my favorite blog but sometimes it just regular folks sprouting out their thoughts on this and that, like this one. The thing I like though is the different view inside of OTHER'S heads. You feel like there are people who think about the same mixed up crap that you do. That are "sparked" by the same things that you are. You feel like a friggin' cookie cutter. And then it becomes a struggle to continue to feel like an original again and wish that there WEREN'T all these other damned blogs clogging the internet with your thoughts and feelings. Who are they? What do THEY know of your experiences?? And the cycle goes on.

But apparently, you can stumble across people's blogs by putting in certain phrases on Google... I actually found a very strange "ecosystem" of my blog through Google. I do not even know what this is, but apparently they can recommend things for you to read based solely on crap you mention in your blog. It's very bizarre, but the fact that I pull the string from sweaters to this level leads me to understand why I have so few friends in my life.

[No, the last sentence did NOT make sense and no, it's not just because you're drunk/high/on anti-depressants/whatever. Just one of those Heather moments where that was "just for me."]

What was I rambling about? Ah yes, Google. So, someone stumbled across this other person's blog because she input the phrase "i keep trying to change my screen name because he knows which sites I go to" or something similar. The blogger was disturbed by the Googler because what kind of situations in your life cause you to use THIS as your search phrase for God's sake? I like to think that it's people who are just screwing around with Google to see how outlandish of a subject you can request in order to get info. Apparently, nothing is REALLY out of the question.

Anyways, no real conclusion to the thought process today because there is none. Off to catch some winks before the advent of liability studies tomorrow!

-HP

No comments:


Popular Posts