Thursday, July 31, 2003

pass the kleenex (r)

You know it's the dumbest thing... I don't consider myself to be a stereotypical mushy female in almost ANY sense of the word. (Many people try to convince me that I have a soft heart underneath all of the abrasiveness, I think they are full of crap.) However, any time I see someone get proposed to in the movies or tv, I get a little worked up. Sometimes I even cry, like today. (Finally got to catch up on the last Sex & the City, and Harry proposed to Charlotte. Oy vey I was snivelling like a 2 year old!)

Why does this make me so emotional? I STILL cannot watch Sense & Sensibility without crying during the part when Emma Thompson's character finds out that Hugh Grant did not, in fact, get married and that he is coming ot claim her. Bawl like a BABY every single time. I know it's coming, I try to tell myself it's coming... In fact, my chest is getting a little tight just thinking about it now. Her reaction is SO strong and powerful, it just knocks me over.

And Harry and Charlotte, it's like their friends of mine. I mean, she converted to Judaism for him and THAT was a big deal. I love seeing people who should be opposites drawn together, it's cool. And she got this look on her face and she was saying I don't care if we ever get married, I just want you to call or ask me out on a date and then he said no -- THAT'S not good enough and he got down on one knee.... Sigh. I'm feeling a little weepy again.

I think it's just the COMPLETE trust that love and romance will win that kicks me in the head. Makes the colors fly in my head, makes my blood start rushing, makes Frank Sinatra suddenly start singing... Because you've got to have Frank if there's love involved, don't you? And I think, too, when I see proposals and weddings and just romantic things in general, it makes me appreciate all over again my feelings for S and I fall in love again and who doesn't love THAT feeling??

I'm going to go sing in the shower and start my day! Hope yours is good too!

No comments:


Popular Posts