Sunday, July 27, 2003

Rated XX

For chromosome content, you pervs!

Spent the night with all the girls tonight. MAN, did I miss that! We went out to sushi dinner and then went out dancing. Sounds simple enough, but my batteries are just totally recharged. Even if I didn't have the hiccups now, I wouldn't be able to sleep. All the things you learn from being with women and the conversations that you NEVER have with your significant other... It's just awesome. This is the balance, this is the yang I was needing in my life.

Too bad we can't do it more often, since somebody has to live in KOREA and somebody has to have baby obligations and somebody has to live in Charlottesville or Durham and so on... But, nevertheless -- we're here and it's now... Awesome. To just be able to sit and talk about everything and nothing and not have to wonder what that means for the relationship. Nice.

And makes me appreciate having a relationship more. Having someone to "report" all the 5000 things we talked about to. Being able to go out dancing and not have to wonder if some guy was going to ask me to dance. Or if I was going to meet "the one." Not that I EVER really thought I was going to meet "the one" while I was out dancing at a bar when I was single before. But, still -- there was some element of pressure there. Not anymore. No one looks, no one stops to chat me up and I am totally cool with that. It's easier, in fact, than having to deal with having to break some random guy's heart (ha!) by telling him he can't have me because my heart belongs to another. It makes the evening much more relaxed.

I just love women so much. I forget that sometimes. It slips away from me. There's just a constant source of validation right at your fingertips. We always tell each other how brilliant and accomplished we are. We give each other honest opinions. We share gritty stories without repercussion.

So, thanks girls -- if you're reading -- for going along for the ride. I think we made awesome cowgirls and I regret not keeping my hat on in the club. I promise to wear it the whole time -- next time. Just say when!

love you mean it,
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts