Saturday, July 26, 2003

I didn't know you could GET sand there

Despite my (self-inflicted) reputation for being "wild", I have never gone skinny-dipping. Ever. Anywhere.

Until now.

Last night, we were trolling through some of the beach bars and then out of nowhere, S turns to me and he says, "What'd you say we get out of here, head up to the north end of the beach and go skinny-dipping?" I agreed heartily, though I didn't really think he was serious. Until he started asking if I had a blanket in the car and told our companion Mr. Kahlua that "the plan" was for us to head off to find a spot to go skinny-dippin' and bid him a fond farewell.

We headed up to the secluded residential area. S was very practical -- take off your jewelry and probably your shoes too so you won't have to worry them. My adrenaline was pumping. I've always wanted to be naked in the ocean but never found the courage of conviction to follow through. We strolled up the path to the beach and I felt like skipping, so light-hearted and young did I feel.

We get down to the area and stripped. Crazy. You could see the lights from the strip far down the horizon. Like another world, another life. We walk out to the ocean, holding hands, bracing ourselves. OH MY GOD -- it was cold. You wouldn't think it would be that cold at night, but S graciously pointed out that it was night time so the sun wasn't warming up the water. It was exhilirating and silly and everything that love feels like all at the same time. Sometimes you have your head above water, but sometimes you get whacked with a wave. Sometimes you just gotta DIVE IN and hope for the best. And you get used to the temperature and the not being sure where your feet are or where you're being pulled. Just like love. It was wonderful!

But it definitely wasn't the sexy experience I thought it would be. I think I've seen too many movies, because I thought it would be just this sheer sensual erotic thing. It wasn't. It was cold and sandy and I had to pee really bad (we won't comment on whether or not I did) and we laughed a lot. And then we straggled out, put our clothes on over our wet bodies and that were all clingy and sandy. And not in a sexy way, particularly. But, in a fun, "aren't we lucky to have such silly times together" way?

I highly recommend it. If you're needing a prescription to put some joy in your heart and spring in your step, naked in the ocean is the way to go.

But, at the secluded north end please -- no one ELSE wants to see that! ;-)

love you mean it,
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts