Sunday, July 20, 2003

cue the cheesy beer commercial music

I'm not sure where to begin without getting all gushy. Let me just say briefly that this weekend, S made up for a lot of my recent grievances against men. Listened to me bitch and over-emote my hormones on Friday. Bought an "us" card to give to the couple for the wedding, without even realizing that was a big thing to do. Rubbed my poor swollen, strap-cut feet. Used the refrigerator poetry to create dirty but sweet messages for me. Helped me give my lawn a REALLY good grooming today, instead of just a half-assed one. Then helped my parents fix their computer and shared a meal with them that he wasn't overly enthusiastic about. And still managed to have me completely pleased with him even though he left me alone for the night so he could mess with fantasy football stuff.

THAT'S talent. There is a man who understands how to play the boyfriend game. Just when the cards seem stacked against him and there was no way he could pull a winner -- OUT comes the ace from the hole. How does he manage to keep doing it?

Maybe it's his sheer devotion and love for me, but frankly I think the boy just likes winning THAT much. ;-) It's like a little puzzle and all he has to do is just figure it out and that'll buy him some peace and quiet and super-happy/non-bitchy girlfriend time! He shoots, he scores!

Let's here it for the boy -- rising to the challenge in the face of so many obstacles!

Here's to you Mr. "My-girlfriend-is-a-crazed-homone-laced-psycho-with-a-knife" -- this Bud's for you!

love you!!
-hp

No comments:


Popular Posts