Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Well enough of actual, serious material of GLOBAL note and stuff. Just wanted a little anecdote for the day... Was bullying one of my work friends to try my shampoo stuff and told her it was made by L'Anzaa. I said I think this sounds like the name of one of those guys in those bodice ripping novels... Then it occurred to me to wonder -- what exactly IS a bodice?

According to Webster's: Main Entry: bod·ice
Pronunciation: 'bä-d&s
Function: noun
Etymology: alteration of bodies, plural of 1body
Date: circa 1567
1 : the upper part of a woman's dress
2 archaic : CORSET, STAYS

So, it IS a corset! I didn't know that! Learned something new every day. I mean, it makes sense. But why don't they just call them corset-rippers then? Those Harlequinny books? What's with all the cloak & dagger "bodice" stuff?

Well, whatever. Finished The Nanny Diaries and that was SO great! I haven't had so much emotion involved in a character since... Well, okay I'm a book whore so it was actually the last book I read. I am really trying to restrain myself from picking up another book because my house is a total disaster and I am starting to lose articles of clothing in the black hole that is my bedroom and on and on. But really, I'm just ready to pick up Nanny and read it again! I really enjoy getting into other people's turmoils (those of you who have "benefitted" from my attempted hostile take-over of your lives know this from first-hand experience) -- and Nanny really got me going with all the stuff she went through because of her evil employer, Mrs. X. Pick it up! Read it again & again -- it's much better than Cats!

Speaking of hostile life takeovers -- one friend mentioned that I open up an "Ask Heather" portion of my website, "where those of us who are less emotionally adjusted than you can seek your advice on all that's fair in love and war . . . " I find this amusing, as realistically, anyone that I am more emotionally adjusted than is most likely in a mental home. Still, anyone wanting to Ask Heather can, as usual, email me at insideheathershead@hotmail.com

Well, it's 10:21 which is the time that I usually like to graze inappropriately. Tonight is no exception!

love & kisses & Godspeed!
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts