Thursday, April 10, 2003

STUUUUUAAAAART!

So, I'm currently going through one of my periodic times (I almost said periodic periods which would have been funny wouldn't it?) of blue funk I don't think I'm cool enough stuff. This comes in ebbs and tides as most things pertaining to my moods does and it generally abated once I hang aroud people who are even sorrier than me. Sometimes the lows get me to having to hang out at homeless shelters, but you do what you have to do. Anyhoo, I think I was brought to ultimate low this am b/c I started my Spring tanning regime (instituted by the theory that "tan fat looks better than white fat") and was confronted by gorgeous maybe 20 year old with perfect complexion contemplating opening her friggin Slim Fast for breakfast and attempting to co-miserate with my sleepy self that yes, she just woke up 20 minutes ago too. What're you kidding me? I will now spend the next HOUR trying to come close to what she looked like getting out of bed. That's just not right! And I won't be drinking Slim Fast for breakfast, I'll be contemplating scarfing down the leftover Key Lime Pie in my fridge and we won't even talk about the age on THAT because it will require carbon dating, o-kay?? Ugh. So, it's gotten so bad that I now have to start chanting the Stuart What'shislastname-- Small? thing in the mirror -- "because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it people like me".

And you know what's funny? It kinda works. It's not that I instantly start to feel so much better about myself, it's that it is such a ridiculous thing having to remind myself of these common elements that it makes me laugh. And that makes me forget to be so tangled up in myself for just a minute. And while I'm not so tangled I think that lots of people have it WAY worse than me. And my life is pretty good. I have shelter, a pretty damned cool boyfriend, kick-ass friends, a job I don't hate even a little, and I do have food even it does have dubious expiration dates.

It's all good -- and so am I!

love y'all, mean it!
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts