Monday, April 07, 2003

Get your GEEK on!

I'm pathetically into this blogging. I've been thinking about it all day and have already set up a personal email account just for the responses I'm SURE to be flooded with once I get discovered, at long last! A SUPERSTAR! Other people my age are out getting their freak on and here I am -- getting my geek on.

Which brings me to today's thoughts inside my head... Spent most of the weekend at my boyfriend's house (now that I'm worldwide -- ha ha -- should I stop using people's names?)and came home to my empty house on Sunday. It was time for me to go and I always get the feeling that he's itching for the private time -- the time with his "toys" that he can't fully enjoy with me hanging around. (No honey, this is NOT a jab, just a comment!) And every time this happens, I am faced with the knowledge that I teeter dangerously close to being "one of those girls" and it makes me want to develop hobbies and interests and pursuits and STUFF! All those things that well-rounded people are supposed to have. Girls who are NOT, in effect, one of "those girls". So, I am dinking around the internet and discover how easy it really is to BLOG and to just let all of these personal thoughts get blown into cyber-space and I think THIS could be my hobby, my pursuit, my interest, my STUFF! But let's face it, I've always been fascinated by ME, so this is hardly a NEW hobby! So, now I'm thinking I can use this area to start getting y'all idea's about things that maybe I could pursue. Help me get a life and be a well-rounded adult!! Email your suggestions to: insideheathershead@hotmail.com (<--- Here's the aforementioned email account, I was not joking! I'm getting dorkier by the minute. I can feel my breasts turning into pocket protectors!) But I'm serious -- I'm interested in being interested in things, I'm just not interested enough to think of stuff on my own. My hobby of directing people's lives and social activities seems to have ground to a halt. I can't really afford REALLY fun hobbies -- like travelling or collecting diamonds. And while I've wanted to get into wine-tasting, that's just a little too close to being permanent drunk girl for comfort. All interesting and VIABLE suggestions will be posted at this exciting, new shiny blog for your amusement and perusement and other -usements!

Anyways -- that's all for this time. Since I'm sending out the link for the first time tonight I don't want to scare too many people off with scary long postings. Oh wait -- WAY too late for that, huh?

HP -- I can't make the "contact me" button work without handing over some cold hard cash, so here's the address for manual use: insideheathershead@hotmail.com

Also, if you're interested in checking out your IQ score try: http://www.emode.com/ -- was late for work this morning so I could monitor how dumb I am! Yay fun!

Also too! Disregard previous about past columns... Will use old stuff to air re-runs if I ever really get into doing this regularly...Reruns! HA!

No comments:


Popular Posts