Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Oh the pressure of fame is pressing on me!!

Apparently 20 people have come and visited my little blog since I installed my counter. Some are even like people FAR away if the geographical counter can be any indication. (Thanks to my friends in Korea!) At this rate I'm going to take over the world... Some day.

And unfortunately, my stories are just getting LAMER with the daily input. I am going to have to create some drama in order to have a story. Poor S -- just fodder for my blog. Ha ha.

I had a complaint today. But that's not even a good story -- that guy just didn't like me tone. But I didn't like HIS tone either and I didn't go whining to HIS boss about that. That's just not right. One thing I miss about collections -- you can't really heavily insinuate that people are whiny and stupid any more. They don't like that. At all. And now, I have to care. I finally got the call that I had been warned about -- someone call to complain because his premium went up 25 whole dollars. Over 6 months. It's like $4 a month. One less trip to McDonald's sir and you are SET! And his premium was CHEAP! Like not much more than I pay to get highlights put in my hair and this was over 6 months!! I had to put him on hold so that I would not say something like "you are wasting my TIME -- I don't even care if this is my job -- suck it UP buttercup!"

I did not say that. But I wanted to. We had a talk and I tweaked some stuff and saved him even more money!! Now his insurance is practically free and he's a bit happier. I pretty much told him not to buy a newer car because then he's be REALLLLY unhappy and for the love of GOD do not move to North Carolina! Don't even think about it!

I don't know. I may have said this before -- hell, I don't even read my OWN blog so I don't know what I'm rambling about most of the time -- but I'm generally pretty patient with people and their questions. I understand that if I weren't sitting at my desk with the (limited) knowledge that I have and the information that I do have that I wouldn't know jack about insurance either. I particularly feel sorry for the young wives whose husbands are deployed. They're like 22 and barely out in the world and now they're having to figure it ALL out and on their own. I try to do a little insurance 101 with the people. You need this, you don't need this, and this is what this means and so on. I've been there -- young and dumb. It's frustrating to me to hear, well I don't know any of this because he handles it... I just want to shake them up sometimes -- sister: figure it out! The only way you get the power is through knowledge! And don't I know this?? Too well!

Ramble ramble ramble -- don't know what's gotten into me tonight but I'm gonna go try to ease the hamster away from the crack pipe so I can catch some sleep before I have to go out at dawn to meet the state inspector guy.

love & kisses --
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts