Monday, April 07, 2003

I feel like I should be writing BIG, significant things. My first venture out to cyber space and all I can come up with is "I've never written a letter like this before..." I don't think it's possible to feel more inane. Maybe. If I were still searching for that special someone and I also included something about long walks on the beach and candelit dinners and all that crap. What I wonder is, though, speaking of that stuff... Is that a cliche because people really ARE taking long, romantic walks on the beach and then having leisurely candlelit dinners afterwards? Does the dinner happen before? Because I'm thinking in ALL of my dating history I have not, in fact, actually ever taken said romantic walk on the beach. I've had some drunk strolls that wound up in the lifeguard stand. (Okay, that only happened once but damn it was cool!) But genereally, speaking no one I've ever been romantically involved with has ever said, "Hey honey, what're you doing tonight? Because me, I'm thinking of taking a long romantic stroll on the beach and wondered if you wanted to go?" How did this really get started? Where are all these romantic strollers at?

Well, no point in wondering. Still. I want to walk on the beach. (Said in "But Daddy I want an Oompa Loompa voice"... Veruka Salt, yes?) Romantically! Not just stumbling through the sand the way I normally do. Maybe with a parasol. That would make it more romantic. Well, no because these illeged walks apparently occur at night. Apparently, the beach is COMPLETELY devoid of romance during the day. Probably because you'd wind up noticing your boyfriend staring at some skinny chick in a thong and get in a fight about "what, do you like her butt more than mine, huh?" or he'd catch you looking at some Colin Farrell look alike with that little hint of drool in the corner of your mouth that you can't help and then there'd just be a BIG OLD FIGHT and that's not very romantic is it?

So, no parasol because that would just look silly at night.

Not sure how I got away from my Stardate April blah blah blah techno-inanity intro but I kinda like it. Not even gonna finish my romantic walking ramble because WHO CARES? There are 40 million blogs out there! What's one more? Am I heading for blog fame fortune and cyber cash?

Sure. Why not?
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts