Friday, April 25, 2003

Coupla randoms...

Woke up this morning and had the "false well alarm" -- thought I was better. Gradually, throughout the day have deteriorated rapidly. I really need a nostril-sized roto-rooter to clear out my sinuses so I can move on with life. I can't hear and this dripping nose thing hasnt been cute since I was 6. And frankly, it probably wasn't cute then either.

Second, finally saw DIVINE SECRETS OF THE YA-YA SISTERHOOD. All I can say is that I am certainly glad that it's been a while since I read that book. I know they left a whole bunch of stuff out and there's nothing worse than that. That's why if I read the book and see the movie, I always try to space that stuff apart. That way the one doesn't take away from the other. Otherwise, I just go to the movie and prepare to be disappointed. That way if it turns out better than I hoped then that's going to be an improvement. Actually, I tend to look at a lot of things in life like that. "Expect suckiness" is pretty much my motto.

Third, I've entered geekdom. One, I'm home alone on a Friday night even though I am supposed to have a boyfriend who adores (ha!) me and an active social life to boot. While I'm not entirely disputing S's adoration of me (well, maybe a little -- but I'm a doubter, what're you gonna do) our conflicting health issues have kept us apart. It's like a REALLY bad fairy tale. So, I'm at home contemplating playing with my new Sims game when it occurred to me: I am almost 30 and I'm basically doing the digital equivalent of playing dollhouse, like I did when I was 6. Scary stuff! Oh well. If I'm going to be a geeky, snotty loner then I might as well invent some friends to keep me company.

OH MY GOD -- JUST LIKE I DID WHEN I WAS 6!

Ok. Off to get the tissues, have a feeling I'll need them while I'm crying myself to sleep. ;-)
godspeed,
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts