Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Well, I couldn't post last night because Blogger was being temperamental again. The problem is that I don't want to lose my stuff as I'm rather fond of much of it, which is why I don't move...

But I KNOW that many of you can't live without my recap of Average Joe, so I had to get on here before work to sum it up... Yes, I know that I'm the only one who really can't live without it -- but Katrina does enjoy the mockery factor, so this is for her too.

The fact is that the show is becoming a little Fox-like in its stunts and obstacles. Introducing the pretty boys was bad enough, but apparently next week they're putting Melana in a fat suit just to hear how the guys talk about her. Cheap and cheesy, guys. I mean, I'm not going to stop watching or anything but still -- it's a ridiculous ploy.

For those of you who care, I was pretty glad that she offed John. HP2 and I both agree that he was getting so annoying that he would have to be killed soon. (This is one body that it turns out she WOULD help me hide.) It was just too painful to see him waxing rhapsodic so many times about their date. He could think or talk of little else... I wonder how long it's been since they were together in real time? I wonder if he is still whining about it? My guess? Oh HE-ELL yeah! That's the problem with John. He possessed many of the characteristics that women think they want in a man, but raging insecurity and whininess go along with that and it's just not cool. I really only have room for one whiner in my relationship and that is ME!

She also got rid of one of the pretty boys, which is refreshing. He wasn't really all that pretty, frankly and he was sharing tidbits about his past that were like "Stalker, stalker, stalker" and she was right to cut him loose. Dude, he cried when he was cut, because he thought he was being judged for his looks again. How bizarre is that? Pretty boys have problems too.

Her date with Jason, one of the new guys, was disturbing. I can only hope that they were capturing this connection off-camera because the things that they were talking about were fairly mundane. Her voice-over was talking about how she felt this amazing connection with him and felt like she could talk to him about anything and then it shows her on-camera asking him if he liked dogs. Wow, really cracking open ground-breaking territory, aren't we?? Oh my God, does he like pizza and apple pie and Mom too?? It MUST be love!

Anyways, I have to go get ready for work but wanted to let y'all know that yes, I'm still addicted to the silly show and can't wait til it's on again and SNAPS to HP2 for getting sucked in with me! :-)

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts