Monday, November 17, 2003

3 glasses of wine & cheesy reality show later...

"I'm feeling much better now!"

Average Joe delivers another coup as the irritating Brad is cut! She kept Zach, but we all knew that it was just hoping for TOO much to see him get cut.

But the plot thickens as the producers conjure up 3 more competitors -- Yummy, Zummy and MmHmm. (Although, frankly -- and I am NOT just sucking up to my boyfriend here -- they really didn't do much for me. Yes, they have sexy longish hair and abs that you could cut down trees with, but they just don't seem charming really.) I think this sucks, because here this poor schleps had to fight tooth and nail to NOT get eliminated over like what (?) 13 other guys? Even Zach was disconcerted, which was nice for a change.

Here's the thing -- we've just got stereotypes feeding into more stereotypes. The Average guy is not going to get the Beautiful girl, because the Handsome guy is always going to sweep in at the last second and "steal" her. The problem is that the Beautiful girl could never really be "won" by the Handsome guy if she weren't on some levels ultimately shallow. (Sorry, but it's true.) Of course, plenty of Handsome guys happen to have stellar personalities to go along with their looks, but seriously -- how often does this happen in real life?? (Except for you, honey. We know you're good and not just looking.) Approximately never. Most of the time the Attractive people are not really blessed with great senses of humor or stellar intellects or whathaveyou, because why do they need both?? Even if they HAVE both, they just aren't going to display that because it doesn't really work like that.

Okay. I'm sneezing AND hiccuping at the same time and it just doesn't get more annoying than that. And yes, Elizabeth -- I am thinking about a grapefruit and I mean it. Maybe I have to think about a fruit I actually like and mean it? Hit the comment button, if you can see it! :-)

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts