Wednesday, November 19, 2003

"Testing...attention, please!"

Nothing to make you feel like an idot more than an assessment test. I haven't even taken it yet and already I I feel like a loser. I'm 30. Years old that is. A lot of those years have been spent away from anything resembling normal English or Math. (One quick glance at this Blog and my checkbook can confirm that!) But, now I'm going to pay $4 (American!) to get assessed in those areas. It's humiliating.

I'm nervous. The truth about my lack of intelligence is unsettling. I try to justify any potential failing by how long it's been since I've been separated from it, but that's a bunch of crap. Plenty of the people that I know have been separated from it just as long as I have and they remember. They remember. They work on it, I don't. I just can't even remember caring about this stuff.

But, if I want the degree, the piece of paper to make me feel like I AM good enough and equal to anyone... Well, I gotta go get assessed.

And then I get to go to the dentist and get a tooth filled. I'm pretty unhappy about that, because it's going to wind up costing ME money to be in pain and that totally sucks.

But that's another blog. :-)

-hp

No comments:


Popular Posts