Thursday, November 27, 2003

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night without computer access (because someone was playing Crack on it and I didn't want to interrupt) and had giant thoughts about Bloggery things.

But, as the thoughts were a little bit more self-involved than usual, I'll save those for a post later. Promise!

Right now though, I just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I truly do believe that today is a time of giving thanks for the gifts we have in our lives. Every day we are given a gift just to be alive and be present with one another. I appreciate the people in my life more than they will ever know -- particularly because I am so incredibly bad at showing it.

I have had many friends and lovers come and go through the years and they all have touched my life in one way or another. Even the bad experiences I don't regret because I learned SO much from them. We're all just people trying to figure out what we're doing here and isn't it nice when you stumble across people that you enjoy figuring it out with?? People who truly make you better just for having known them?

I think most of us strive to be one of those kinds of people, but I know that I am rarely successful in that regard myself. But I do know that I will continue to feel blessed by the presence of good people in my life who lift me up when I am down and who help keep me there for as long as possible, always seeming to put their needs aside when mine are more than I can bear.

Thanks to everyone who touches my life and brings me joy, love, peace, hope and so much much more. I do appreciate you, I do love you, I do hope that I can give just a fraction of it back to you.

Now, lets go stuff ourselves to celebrate!

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts