Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Love is in the air.... blech!

So, my friend has got bling on the brain and it turns out that her boyfriend has the same kind of thoughts though I won't go into the details of HOW she knows this just in case... He could be a reader, you don't know!

I'm happy for her in a way, but the thing is that I've had a pizza in my refrigerator for longer than they've been dating. It's discouraging. They're not the only ones with the wedding bells on the horizon either, meanwhile I seem to facing happily NEVER after! But, as long as I'm not bitter about it then that's okay, right?

I'm not bitter. Much. But I just have glowing syrupy fantasies about fabulous proposals in made in carriage rides with the colors flying and the birds swirling and all that crap. I've seen too many Chick Flicks and I have just overly romantic ideas about how it's "supposed" to be. It's ridiculous. I suppose if I had been proposed to the first time around then my feelings may be different. But I wasn't. It was just, "do you think we should...? Yeah, I guess so." I daresay that I may have even been the person who initiated the talk, not something that I'm proud of. But, that's another blog.

So, I have this fantasy virginal dream about how it's going to be and how all of the days after will be. In my mind, we're this DIY couple who live at Home Depot and "had" to buy a pickup truck because of all the projects I "make" him do. Trust me, the fantasies are way out there -- I cook in them, for God's sake.

I don't know. It's just the idea. Of someone wanting, nay CHOOSING, to spend all of his days with little ole me. Little ole me, with my BIG ole mouth and lofty dreams.

We won't even get into the tick-tock that's slowly started, but I do know that I'm going to need to start taking breaks NOT overlooking the child development center...

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts