Monday, June 09, 2003


I'm back from mini-break. Ok, I got back yesterday but was too lame to write anything. My loyal audience of 3 has been broken down to two anyways, b/c S is deeply involved in flooring project.

I actually don't have as much to cmment on from weekend as I had thought that I would. Apparently, I'm really old and lame now because both nights I was out of town I was only able to stay awake until 11. I didn't even make it til Saturday Night Live! That's ridiculous. Of course, Saturday's excuse may have just a teensy amount to do with the vast quantity of Vodka we consumed. HP2 looking at bottle blurredly but with alarm saying, "Was this bottle FULL when you came here?" was probably one of the high points of my weekend. I also got some amusement out of her asking me why I LET her drink so much vodka. Of course, since I was being ordered to pour her a drink half the time, I suppose it's a fair statement that I was somewhat in control of how much she was consuming. Still, I've said it before and I'll say it again -- vodka is EVIL. I didn't get sick and no one got hurt this time, but vodka slips up on you and takes hold of you before you know what's going on. One minute you're fine, the next minute you're on the roof in your underwear spewing out profanities at the neighbors. I made the decision this weekend that from here on forward vodka will only be consumed in very small groups -- 3 or less -- so that nothing damaging comes about. I have previously made this decision with tequila shots and have yet to regret it. Actually, I'm really at a point in my seasoned, old-age drunkenness that I really prefer to stick with beer when in large groups of people. It's sad, though, when you've had enough of one thing to drink that you realize what you are better off drinking in public or not.

Well, I'm staggering off in search of coffee now and then to face my day. First meeting for Renters class -- and then I start my ascent up the ladder! And then it's THE WORLD!

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts