Thursday, September 04, 2003

random acts of blogging

You know it's bad when I can't even remember the password to get on here... And it's not even gonna be good because it's after midnight and I have a serious case of the munchies. (No, not THAT kind.)

Here are some random things that have bounced through my head...

> I don't want to be old. Old people look weird, they talk weird, and they don't remember anything. And they are stubborn. They can't seem to get with the program and realize that time is moving and they need to move with it. That's how they got old -- they just stopped refusing to move with time. Maybe it's gravity that causes that strange old people distorted body thing. Inertia, more likely. Was talking to my Godmother about father in law and how not only will he not use the ATM, he won't even use the drive-up teller. The drive-up teller for God's sake! It's an actual person sitting there, waiting for your money and whatnot, what could go wrong there? He was aghast at the idea and said he'd have to go IN to the bank and Godmother was saying that that would be awfully inconvenient for the person who was TAKING him to the bank. I said not when you think about the fact that another 80-something year old person will be taking him and would probably be equally as horrified at the suggestion that you conduct banking business at the drive up teller. He'd probably keel over by the fact that I do ALL of my banking online, including paying a lot of my bills.

>Power went out at work tonight. Nothing like a little outage to make you fully appreciate just how much you need your damned computer to do even the simplest things at work. All the incoming calls get routed to another area and we just sat there in near darkness staring at each other waiting for it to hit 8pm so we could leave. And then there was this BIG panic up on the fourth floor (my floor) because the managers were convinced that we wouldn't be able to leave the building because of the security gates. I was disturbed that this was coming from people who are supposed to be in charge. Do they think there's no emergency contigency for that kind of thing?? Did they think we were going to gather in the lobby and sing Kumbayah while we waited for someone to come pry the doors open and rescue us? It was frightening that they honestly believed that. Frantically trying to get a number for security to find out how we were gonna get out. I was just like screw that and walked downstairs. Seriously, what if there were a fire?? Would we all have to line up at the turnstiles and swipe our cards before we could leave the burning building?? Hel-LO?

>Dido has a new song out. I was going to write about how I think it's odd that she has this whole sweet-sounding song that's really about having a smothering, addictive obsession with your ex, but today Curly Sue pointed out that she thinks her name looks like Dildo and that was lots funnier.

>My class is going well (thanks for asking) but all of this self-examination crap is the pits. Last night in about an hour I had to examine both my early childhood and stuff that happened in my marriage and was basically so depressed I just wanted to eat a gallon of ice cream and then curl up with my teddy bear. Instead I picked a fight with Daddy.

>Kids, Daddy and I are snarking at each other a little lately but it doesn't mean that we don't love each other anymore. We won't be getting a divorce, so you don't have to worry about losing us. Of course, we can't get divorced because we're never getting married but I'm not bitter about that. No sirree. Darn that Ken and Colleen for stirring up all this wedding crap -- everyone was fine before that! And yeah, I'm using their real names because they don't read this crap anyway and even if they did it's not like I'm really upset that they're getting married! It's just kicking up some dust for those of us unmarried folks and start looking at our men with a more critical eye. Fellas, if you're reading -- we don't want proposals here, but a couple extra "don't you look GREAT todays" and "have you lost weight?" and "can I get you some sushi" and "I think you should buy MORE shoes" comments here and there are really REALLY going to go a long way to help you out through this time frame...

>> side blog: Why don't men understand that when one of their girlfriend's friends gets engaged or married that they are immediately in trouble? As soon as they hear about this phenomenon, why doesn't it occur to them to either hit the hills running fast or hit the sentimental card aisle at Hallmark or something? It's like they're swimming with sharks with a bloody juicy leg and they don't even realize it. How is this possible? It's kind of like PMS on a really grand scale. Especially when the couple in question gets engaged after a brief courtship. Because the non-proposed-to women are looking around like we can't believe it's happening. What is REALLY going on? we wonder. How is she getting married to him when she's only known him for as long as it's been since the last time me and my man last had sex?? It's not even that we want to be married or engaged or whatever, we just are damned curious as to why HE doesn't want that. With us.

And on that note, I am outtie!

-HP (that's capital HP for those who are taking score of that kind of thing)

No comments:


Popular Posts