Saturday, September 27, 2003

hodge-podge <--- another HP word!

Well, my professor didn't fully appreciate the fact that I found humor in my life versus an activity but at least he "gave me credit" for the assignment. :-P Whatever. That stinks. I thought I made an excellent point that you don't have to go out and LOOK for fun, it's right there in your own life if you just loosen up and learn to laugh at yourself.

Maybe that's his problem, he ain't laughing at himself much.

Maybe my problem is that I'm bitter.

A little.

But you would be too if you realized that you sound exactly like a pop princess. Yeah, yeah -- I was indulging in my guilty Newlyweds pleasure again. So what?

And I DO. I sound just like Jessica Simpson. You wouldn't think it's depressing -- after all, she's gorgeous and has a cute husband and frankly, she does have a great singing voice. But, MAN can she whine. I was watching the same way you gape at a train wreck and then I realized -- she has NO idea that she sounds like this because I have no idea that I sound like that until I hear it coming from someone else. She and Nick had spent a fair amount of time apart lately and she was whining because he went out and :::gasp::: HAD FUN instead of sitting around and waiting until she was free so he could talk to her on the phone. Seriously. And then, "look at my cute shoes."

Oh God -- the shame and nausea came over me as strong as morning sickness. (Ok, not that I would know what morning sickness was, but I think it's fairly well-documented that it sucks.) I realized that I had just done the same thing last night. Yuck! You don't love me, you don't miss me, hey look at my shoes.

But damnit, can I help that the shoes are cute? I mean, they were BOOTS for God's sake, not just any shoes! Not made for walking, as it turned out, but damned cute boots nevertheless.

Discovered that they were hard for walking because we went down to the beach to help my dad (my father that is) pull beer at the Neptune Festival. Instead of pouring, we worked the can stand. And it was POPPING, pun intended. Now my two index fingers are STILL sore from opening all the beers and being immersed in icy water. But it was fun. You get to meet people from all walks of life, and I had fun predicting who would be ordering the low-carb beer versus ordering the Beast. I liked that too. It's a little judgmental, but who cares? ;-)

That's about it for this week -- have to go get cleaned up so I can welcome my visitor for the next week. I'm cat-sitting for my friend Mr. Kahlua. His cat will also remain anonymous, not to protect his identity but because his name is so ridiculous that I can't bear to utter it. Poor cat, by the end of the week he'll think his name is "Cat." Or "Hey You". Or "Stop trying to sleep on my face at 3am, brat!"

Besides, I have to decide what kind of shoes to wear tonight! ;-)

-HP

No comments:


Popular Posts