Monday, September 29, 2003

SO few exciting things happening and so little imagination to make it seem like more...

I FINALLY got to see the Trading Spaces episode where the woman was so upset that she cried. Honey, I don't blame her -- if someone did that to my house, I would have cried too. She told Paige in the smallest voice humanly imagineable that she had to leave the room now. Apparently, she didn't go far... Well, I hope she didn't because you could hear her keening sobs on camera while the poor husband just shook his head in complete befuddlement. It was sad. Because they were SUCH troopers -- even after she was crying so hard she couldn't talk she still said it was a great experience and she wouldn't have given it up, even knowing how it was going to turn out. They both said that. I thought that was great. And she still managed to be happy that her friend liked her room. Although, I get the impression that their friendship was not so friendly after the show was over... TS did a marathon tonight of the "they hated it" episodes, with little vignettes from the homeowners with their reactions (and changes) after the show was over. The first pair of couples that I saw had a brief falling out, but they eventually all got together again. But, the episode that focused on the crying woman gave no mention of their relationship after the fact, which leads me to believe that it didn't go very well.

Wonder if that'll ever turn up on The People's Court or something?

The other blog-worthy thought for the day is my issue with shoes. I seem to have started a trend of buying shoes that are REALLY uncomfortable. They seem so cute and fine in the store and then when I actually get them out into the real world -- YOWZA! Bad news bears. Poor dogs bark so much during the night that they scare the cat...

Actually, I would really like to write about the cat but that needs to be a whole blog. ACTUALLY, he needs his own blog because it would give him something to do while he waits for me to come and go all day. I feel awful. I drove home tonight and he was sitting in the front picture window. Just as cute as can be, waiting for stepmom to come home. But then I had to run out of the house two separate time after that and both times I came home and found him in the same position. I am just an awful stepparent, but I am telling you all that this cat needs a hobby and therapy. He's co-dependent. It's like having a clingy man in my life and I have NO base of knowledge in that sphere so have no idea what to do. I try to give him a good bit of loving in the morning before I leave and some more when I get home from work and some more again before I go to bed. Trust me, Daddy hasn't gotten this much action from me in a MONTH much less in just a couple days time! I'm exhausted. I had to kick him to the couch last night so I could get some rest. I've never had a human man want me this much in my WHOLE LIFE, you'd think I'd be thrilled. I mean, the boy is satisfied just being in the same room with me -- he starts purring as soon as I walk in. How can this be a bad thing?

It's not but I just don't have the time to give him that he needs. Makes me feel bad. And I need more guilt in my life over things that are out of my control like Va Beach Blvd needs another stoplight! You feeling me now?

Laundry's done -- yay!

-HP

No comments:


Popular Posts