Sunday, August 10, 2003

I should snuggle with what??

Just read the most interesting post on someone else's blog... Talking about how we should embrace our faults. How they're there with us all the time and how THEY never deny us the way we deny them.

I think this is a bunch of crap. Who wants to admit that they're flawed and then embrace those faults?? Hel-LO?

Do I accept the fact that I am overly-melodramatic and hard-headed and stubborn and spend too much money and hate to clean? That I'm loud and arrogant and think I'm ALWAYS right? That I'm nosy and insistent and flaky? That I'm demanding and overly wrapped up in my own agenda??

Yes. I accept that I'm all of these things. But, if I spend too much time EMBRACING my faults, then I forget that there's a lot of really good things about me, too. And the thing is, I've spent a pretty fair amount of my life embracing my faults and thinking about all of the bad things about me. I'm kind of enjoying this time now, where I'm trying to find out and embrace the GOOD things about me.

Such as... I think for the most part, I'm unselfish. I'm a realistic optimist and a pessimistic dreamer. I'm not openly rude to people, even when they really deserve it. (Well, I'm openly rude to my friends -- but that's affection I tell you, AFFECTION!) I'm a forgiver, I don't tend to hold grudges. I'm pretty smart but mostly common sense smart more than book smart. Which I value a lot more because back when I considered myself "book smart", I wasn't too common sense smart. The only way you REALLY get to the common sense part is by going through the stuff. I've been through the stuff and better yet, I've learned a lot from it. I'm funny (not HBO funny, mind you) but I don't expect everyone to be in on the joke.

Ok. To be honest, it was pretty hard to come up with that list. I felt like I was writing a personal ad all over again. Boy, that was an experience... Talk about having to think you were the GREATEST and then talk about it. Odd. I had to dig down deep that time to describe myself and really be honest about it. (Not TOO honest, mind you) It was hard then too coming up with all of those positive, perky things about me. But, I just decided that if I wanted anyone else to want to date me that I should probably want to date me too. :-)

Anyways, me and my faults are going to go cuddle up for the night. My faults have a tendency of hogging the covers and putting their cold feet on me, but that's just their way of embracing me back I suppose. But tomorrow, I'm shunning my imperfections and gonna go paint the town red with my perfections. Yes, I know that didn't make any sense -- and no, I don't care.

xoxo
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts