Thursday, August 28, 2003

Battle of the Sexes

Had my first battle with prejudice while I was on the phone with a customer today. I wanted to bitch-slap him through the phone so bad that it was an effort not to audibly sigh into the phone. The area of my prejudice against him?? He's a wife-blamer.

You know the kind -- can't accept responsibility for his own short-comings so has to blame his wife for them. She's a liar and I can't believe she told me this or that and she didn't pay our bill and now our rates are higher because we didn't have insurance.

Yup. She did that sir. Because you were not allowed to look at your own bills or verify any information on your own and NOW you're such a big, great man that you feel the need to degrade and belittle your wife to a third party. Aren't you great?? THEN, he tried to blame us because we were "supposed" to be withdrawing his payment from his account. I told him that with all due respect if we WERE supposed to be withdrawing his payment (which we weren't, we already told him we never got an application) it was his responsibility to notice that it hadn't been withdrawn in 4 months. At least he agreed with that.

He used to have his own insurance agency, so he knew a thing or two.

Whatever.

See past blog -- step up and take responsibility for yourself and why why WHY are you married to someone that you feel the need to belittle and degrade to an outside party? Or even to an inside party?? As someone who has been married to someone who felt the need to do this to me on a regular basis, it took a LOT of restraint not to have a come-to-Jesus with this dude on the phone. Like, who the FUCK do you think you are, you small-dicked, one-eyed bastard??

Hm. Bitter much, Heather?

Let me shout this out to the masses: if you are thinking of spending your ENTIRE LIFE with another person, please be sure that you are cut out to do so. We all have shit that we bitch to our friends about our respective partners. That's normal. But, not -- she's a liar, he's stupid, he ruins everything, she's irresponsible, etc. That's fucked up. What does that say about YOU that you are with someone that you would say and think these things about? To a stranger. Seriously. It just makes me sick to my stomach, because I lived this. For a long, long time and because I'm out of it I would like to keep my rosy-colored view of the world that NO one has to live it -- but that's not true, is it??

Anyways -- I think I've satisfied anyone's desire to have more Heather posts after my recent sporadic writing. 3 in one day is way over the top!

Just in case I resist the urge to post -- y'all have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

No comments:


Popular Posts