Tuesday, January 13, 2004

What was that again?

I am currently experiencing a (hopefully) temporary loss of hearing, just in one ear. In case you didn't know, it seriously sucks. Because it's only just bad enough to be annoying, not enough to be completely gone.

I overreacted a little because of the deal with Mom and went to the doctor tonight. I think what he said (out of the words he used that I could understand) is that I have "generous" tonsils which when even slightly inflamed can cause my eardrum to swell and hamper air exiting through my ear and thereby causing this problem. All I know is that when they did a hearing test, I apparently have NO voice response hearing in my ear at all. Scary.

Which I actually could have told him because when people were talking to me today if I wasn't turned the right way I could either barely hear them or couldn't hear them at all. It was very interesting. I had half an idea of what it felt like to be hearing impaired and I didn't like it at all. Which I always knew, but sometimes it's nice to get a reminder so I can appreciate these things more often.

So, I'm medicating for a little while and we'll see.

I do try to sweep it under the rug and say that I think I'm just overreacting, but even if the reaction is OVER -- I do still have the emotions that are associated with that and when I woke up this morning and the whoooshing was still going on, I wanted to go back to bed until I could wake up and not have it be true anymore. Seriously.

That's all for now...
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts