Tuesday, January 20, 2004

The Eyes Have It

I think about my eyes a lot, because a lot of people in my circle wear some type of corrective lenses. I think that I would never be able to handle this. I'm not responsible enough... I would be losing them, they would be so dirty I wouldn't be able to see out of them, I'd break them. And with my general state of broke-ness, I would not have money to replace them. Then I would be blind.

And that's the thing that's really disconcerting. To think that everything would be fuzzy all the time. I have no idea if Scott can see me when he gets up in the morning, but then again -- he may be pretty lucky in that regard, I'm quite the mess in the morning. If I couldn't just roll over and see the clock to know how late I was, or just watch tv til I dozed off or whatever, I just wouldn't be mature enough to deal with that. I'd be running right out and getting some Lasik or whatever was needed.

"Doctor, you need to fix me NOW!"

I'm already starting to feel the signs of aging and of sitting in front of a computer so much (at work and at home) when it comes to seeing things at a distance. Combine that with a week of not being able to hear (that has been restore, mostly -- thanks for asking) and I'm pretty much ready for the rest home any day now.

Digressing off to the movies...

No comments:


Popular Posts