Sunday, January 11, 2004

Ketchup

Okay. Sorry for being so lax. I've been dieting so the lack of carbs has diminished my creativity. But today is BLOW DIET DAY (DIET, honey -- the diet is getting blown) so I've been a very bad girl. Yet, consequently now have a bit more energy to post a little.

And is the lost weight really worth the lost posts from me? At what cost thin? one must ponder.

Whatever. Like thin is even an attainable or even desirable goal for me. It's like Daddy says about wedding expenses, we're not "saving" money -- we're spending less. I don't want to be thin, I just want to be less fat!

Which brings me to the first topic that I have noted I wanted to comment on. Jeans Hierarchy. This week was a good week for me because in the hieararchy I have my thinner jeans, my fat jeans, and my Oh MY God I'm fat jeans... There for a while the OMG jeans were the only contender but this Friday after several past (and failed) attempts, I was finally able to get back into my fat jeans. Either that or I just stretched 'em out enough to make it possible from all of my previous attempts. Who knows? But I'm going to thank the low carbs. Which I WILL start doing again tomorrow.

But, seriously -- if you could go to the Village Inn and NOT have their pancakes, then you've obviously never had their pancakes before and don't know what's good. Some things are worth blowing your diet over.

Also on the agenda has been wedding planning. We're honing in on a date, but then there's always something. So and so is travelling or the other person is already in a wedding and so and so has a big, huge event that weekend. On and on. We can't get married when it might be good for US because of having to factor in other people's agendas. Don't get me wrong, I want those people there and I'm glad to have enough notice of their agendas, but it's still a little frustrating. Because I'm already having to stake my claim against people who have had places booked since 2002! Ridiculous. Maybe we should just get married live on the internet and have everyone log in to the site at a certain time. Then folks can wear what they want, drink what they want, eat what they want and all they have to have is internet access.

And can someone PLEASE tell Scott that you just can't email weddding invitations for the love of God. I know he's just kidding, but DO I know that??

Speaking of wedding craziness, I think I may have narrowed down the dress selection. I'm down to 2 or 3 potential candidates. The moms are going with me today, so it's REALLY on! Please wish me luck because I am going to need it. I'm usually not intimidated by decision making, just leaping on in. But I really hate to do this because I'm spending an exorbitant amount of money on something I'm only going to wear one time. That's a hard pill to swallow.

But looking at the time, I best grab my spoonful of sugar so I can make the medicine go down because got to motor on over to pick up my mom and hit the big, foofy dresses. Woo-hoo!

love you all,
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts