Monday, December 22, 2003

Yes, Virginia -- it IS possible to get sappier

Most people know Scott by his "party face." So, they don't always understand why I am so crazy about him. I mean, he has a great party face, don't get me wrong. He can put the face on no matter what the situation and always carries it off with grace where need be or EXTREME entertainment where that need be.

But, that's not why I'm with him. One of the main reasons I'm with him is because he has this way of saying and doing these amazing things that just completely takes me off guard time and time again. Like the comment below, for example. Yes, it was more than a little crass but quite hysterically so (will any of us ever think of butter in quite the same way again?) but there was actually some sweet things about me peppered in there. I was surprised by that.

And last night, when we were hanging out with my cousin and her boyfriend, he was playing his music library and this song came on and he said that he wanted to play it just for me. Well, I was a little tipsy and so I didn't really get to appreciate "the moment". My cousin even said that I really should listen to the song because it was pretty awesome that he was playing it for me. I listened and it was actually a very sweet song and we had "the moment". I couldn't understand that much of it, but a little later on my cousin and I had a minute alone and she just RAVED about how awesome it was that Scott played that song for me and that was the kind of song that she would listen to and think, "Awww, I wish some guy would hear this song and then dedicate it to me... and then he did that for YOU!" She was muey impressed it seemed...

So, tonight I decide to download the song and read the lyrics, so I could see what the hype was about. Wow. He could have saved a lot of money on a ring and just dedicated the song to me along with a copy of the lyrics. (Not that I'm saying the ring was a bad way to go, you understand.)

The song is called Forever and it's by Ben Harper. I was going to paste the lyrics in here, but that might be kinda long. But you can get them here.

So, you see... THAT'S what it is all about. And baby, you can have my forever. =)

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts