Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Throw in the towel BEFORE you step in the ring

I don't really understand boxing. I mean, I guess I get the animal thrill part of it -- but the part where you let someone beat the fucking CRAP out of you. What's THAT about? How can you let someone beat the crap out of you? I mean, sure -- in the big time there's big money to be had for letting someone do this to you. But, it's not as if you don't have to work your way up to the big time. Right?

Which means in the meantime you are letting someone beat the crap out of you for nothing. Does no one else see anything strange about this?? If you ain't got your looks or your brains, because they're both housed in the same place, then I ask you -- what the fuck have you got?

Exactly.

So, I'm thinking. What is the dollar amount that I would need to let someone punch me in the face and the stomach repeatedly? I really don't think I could put a figure on that. And I'm greedy and poor. (Especially now they've cut my overtime -- you thought I was stressed out before, sheesh) And even factoring in those things, I still can't really put a dollar amount on my physical well-being.

If I were a more philosophical sort of person, I might tend to think that if I value my own physical being SO much that I can't put even an astronomical dollar figure on it -- well, why don't I take better care of it? Why do I smoke and drink and eat potato chips and not exercise??

The fact is that not only am I not a philosophical person, I definitely am never going to make those sort of leaps and bounds in logic to be able to get to that point. How did that line go? Scott knows. It was something about "If I used the energy to apply myself I wouldn't be able to sit here on the couch." Remember, honey? That cute blonde girl with the high voice who did voices? <--- what am I doing? "I'm establishing intimacy."

hee hee

Anyways, I'm gonna go philosophize elsewhere and still I say -- this face is priceless baby! :-)

hp

No comments:


Popular Posts