Saturday, December 13, 2003

And I want to eat worms because...why?

The above of course being a reference to the early bird getting the worm. But I don't like worms. That commercial where the girl is eating the worms always makes me a little squeamish. But, now that I'm in a routine of getting up early every day for my job I can't seem to sleep in much on Saturdays. The problem is that one thing or another happens on Sundays and I wind up sleeping in til 11:30 which means I stay up late that night which makes it harder to get up on Monday and this cycle goes on and on every week. Usually by Wednesday night, I'm back to being able to get to bed at a "decent hour" (can't you hear your mother standing over you and saying this??) so getting up in the morning isn't as hard.

There are several reasons this morning person thing bugs me. First and foremost, my boyf... my FIANCE is not a morning person by a n y stretch of the imagination. When he doesn't have to get up for anything and he's out of bed by 10am, I am shocked and wondering if he's feeling okay. I figure only health problems (or the possibility of my own snoring drowning out his) could get him up at such an ungodly hour. (Or the desire to hit McDonalds before they stop serving breakfast.) He stays up late and likes to sleep in. The problem is that if you're a morning person, you're up and about like 2 or 3 hours before your partner is. You're ready to do stuff and are chomping at the bit to do it by the time they're finally roaming around the house. It's frustrating. After all, they're night people. They're loners by nature, so while they're up at night they're not prowling the halls hoping you'll wake up from your slumber.

Also, I've always considered morning people to be odd. And they are. Most morning people wouldn't consider me an early riser for getting up at 8am, for example. That's LATE to them. I remember when my grandma used to come and visit us in the summer. By the time I would get up for the day around 10, she'd have been up, drank several cups of coffee, had breakfast, had shower and may have already been to breakfast with one of her buddies. I still had sleep boogers in my eyes. And she was all perky and chipper and I didn't get it. Half the time she'd go to bed before primetime tv was even over, which I REALLY didn't understand.

Plus, night people mock morning people. They're up all night, ruminating their plans for world domination or whatever so there's an air of evil about them. If you can't stay awake past 11, then you are a source of amusement to them. "Does the sweepy wittle pwincess need her rest? I bet she does, I bet she does!" Yuck. I don't want to be a sweepy wittle pwincess, I'm the friggin' queen dammit!

Also, if I'm going to be up this early in the morning -- why can't I be more productive about it? There's stacks of papers everywhere -- why don't I sort them? Why do I need to sit on the couch for hours and drink coffee and read and pretend like I'm a normal person?! I'm not normal -- I'm up in the single digit hours of the morning. That is weird.

Now, I need the damned coffee. Specially since I bought this cool stuff to put in it, in anticipation of my early rise this morning and need for caffeination....

Talk to you when y'all nightcrawlers finally get up.
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts