Thursday, December 04, 2003

"Here's what's happening in MY neck of the woods"

Don't you love how they say that on those national morning shows when they refer you to your local weather?

Worst news is that they shut down one of my favorite radio stations, the Coast. I couldn't believe it. I did my usual channel surf on my horrendous drive home tonight and when I flipped to the Coast, I heard this booming voice saying, "You've asked for it -- more country music here in Hampton Roads!"

Me, outloud to self in car: I have
Radio Guy: You have. You've been dying for country music and that's why we're going to give it to you! 93.7 has stepped up and is giving you the country music you've been wanting.
Me: I haven't been dying. I'm dying now. Can you make it go back?
Radio Guy: No. Country is here to stay.
Me: What happened to my cool radio station that played slightly alternative music and new bands before they got big and local artists??
Radio Guy: I am not at liberty to say, but it wasn't pretty.
Me: Oh. Get out of my car. (frantically re-programs the #1 spot on auto-tuner.)

So, this is a big bummer. No more Coast. This exact same thing happened to me in high school -- Z104 became Eagle 104 and my favorite radio station was gone to country. Major bummer.

I had more to add, but I've been distracted by something shiny so I must away...

hugs & kisses all,
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts