Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Born to Ramble

Wow. My mind is going 100 miles an hour, which is interesting because my brain is not quite moving at that same pace. Interesting, eh?

I was hanging out with The Unicorn tonight, drinking some wine. Which I continued to do after she left and this accounts for this state.

Came across this blog through a random announcement at Blogger about it winning some British Blogger award. It's very cool -- it's about life in a call center in London and MAN, does it make me do really bad fake British accents in my head. HP2 would be appalledK. But, very cool. This guy could totally write a sitcom about call center life and make it interesting. Although, to be fair -- he seems to be in a call center environment that would harvest that level of storytelling. Life at my cube farm is just not THAT interesting.

Speaking of the Unicorn, it's an interesting phenomenon because she knows one of my neighbors. Pretty well. Which is weird because I don't know any of my neighbors, which makes me sad. I WANT to know my neighbors. I want to live in the kind of neighborhood where it would be EXPECTED that I would know my neighbors. I miss that. Does that even still exist in our society?? It seems like it doesn't, but then I hear things about people talking to their neighbors sometimes and it just makes me sad. And even with this commonality of us having this person in common (not to mention the MINOR matter of the fact that we work at the same building), we still don't even wave or say hi. Again, this is very odd to me. What is the problem? With me and with them? Have I now passed the statute of limitations on waving and initiating "hi's?" What is that limit? When can we just get over that and start having family cookouts?

I want the damned cookouts.

I don't want to be a housewife but I do want a life where there are people that we cookout with. Is that wrong? And old-fashioned?

Probably. But, I'm tired. And still about a sheet gone.

Speaking of sheets, think I'll hit 'em. G'night!

No comments:


Popular Posts