Monday, December 01, 2003

Pretty Blackfoot, you restore my optimism

I received an unexpected ego boost today -- which are always the best kind! I was hanging with my homies at work today and we were randomly chatting about the things you chat randomly about at work. I was mocking my own vanity in light of my Glamour magazine reading material. (I love the thing, it's a big time guilty pleasure but I'm embarrassed about it so I make fun.) We got to talking about some of the new people coming out of training and how Ashley tends to scare them away. Apparently her new deskmate is another Heather. I announced with mock snootery that we wouldn't be inviting her to the cool kids table, har har. And then went on to say in all seriousness that I really hadn't ever had any other Heather friends because most Heathers were kind of snobby and stuck-up and well, bitchy. The group looked at me pointedly at the bitchy comment and I exclaimed that while, of course, I'm bitchy, that it's really in a snide, sarcastic kind of way. Tina told me that since I was nonetheless bitchy and admittedly vain that I probably come across as stuck up. And then she said that I was PRETTY and that this just added to the stereotype.

I almost kissed her on the MOUTH! (Which would have thrilled Tony Kahlua to no end, I have no doubt.) She thinks I'm pretty? I was literally flabbergasted and tried to downplay it. It's high praise, in my world. Especially because as vain as I am, it's not because I think I'm pretty. By annnnny stretch. On good days, I'm willing to concede that I'm not unattractive. But, I just don't think of myself as pretty. Furthermore, I don't think of myself as the kind of person that anyone would look at and think, "She sure is purrty."

I mean, Scott says it. But, he's like contractually obligated to say it once in a while, right? Keeps the biscuit buttered, keeps that booty coming. And I guess he means it, but he's seen me un-done so there's no way that he's ever really going to look at me and really believe that I am pretty. He knows the smoke and mirrors that goes into me getting myself together and that just takes away the whole thing, as far as I'm concerned.

So, that really was neat. She'll never really know how much her saying that really meant to me, but it was really sweet. Really, can I say really some more to compound the fact that I'm lacking in adjectives here?

In other news, I went to the spray on booth today to try to get some color for this silly Holiday Gala on Friday. It was an elaborate process and I felt like a doofus the whole time. (Especially when they offer me stickers. I'm fat, I don't want stickers for Christ's sake. I know, I'll put a sticker of a cheeseburger on my stomach so when the tan develops it'll be like an X-ray of what's inside!!) But, I went and even though I tried to follow the directions to the T, I still messed up and now my feet are black. The bottoms. I think it's because even after I wiped them off, I then walked through the tan stuff I had dripped off! Ah-HA! I just realized that! Anyways -- the bottom of my feet now look like I'm some mountain child hillbilly kid. Scott called me Blackfoot. Won't that be cute in my strappy sandals?

Super-silly stuff on Average Joe, but the bottom line is that she got rid of that stupid Zach. Serves him right for making fun of fat girls! I actually had a lot to say about that little scheme and I may still, but I really wanted to comment on Adam. The dude has got romance DOWN, boys -- seriously, take some notes for the love of God! He told her that being with her took him back in time and reminded him of the first time he ever had a girlfriend. That feeling of newness and hope and excitement just because you got to take a girl to the movies. He told her that she gave him a sense of optimism again about love! BAM! That totally is the best thing you can ever say to anyone ever. Who doesn't want to think that they are capable of restoring someone's hope in love?? I mean, that is just friggin' awesome I'm sorry. I mean, he didn't seem like Mr. Hard-hearted Cynical Guy, but you don't know what he's been through or what his experiences are. I don't know. I like him. I'm still rooting for him. Maybe she'll figure out that pretty boy is just a head but Adam's all heart!

Last but not least -- the new look. Hope you guys don't hate it, but I totally fucked up my template for the design and couldn't figure out how to fix it. It's been over 6 months, so just pretend I'm Microsoft and it's time for an upgrade to the thing you just sunk $140 in 6 months ago. The only difference is, I'm not charging you for Inside Heathers Head xp 5.2

Is it getting better? Or do you feel the same?

No comments:


Popular Posts