Tuesday, December 23, 2003

unicorn

So, tonight Tony Kahlua and I hung out with a 23 year old virgin. (If it's okay to use your name, please advise here) This was interesting on a number of levels.

I don't really understand holding onto your virginity. Which led us into a debate about religion that I'm not going to repeat because it hurts my head. The fact is that I let it go so long ago that I don't really remember what it felt like to not have it. I can't remember when it was a big deal to allow someone to get past second base.

But then again, I'm in a relationship -- I don't always remember foreplay. And that's not always his fault either.

Just takes me back to when I was talking about the young guy who just joined my team at work. It's the whole being under 25 thing that I don't get. I mean, I get that you're under 25 -- I just don't get all of the mentality that's associated with the lack of experience. Because I can't take back MY OWN experiences and go back to that mindset.

Obviously.

Two of my best friends are dating guys in this age bracket and it completely baffles me. I wouldn't have the patience for it. It's bad enough looking back on myself and my own lack of experience but it's really just compounded when I think about the difference between guys THAT age and Scott's age. It's just a totally different mindset and list of priorities. When you're in your early 20's, you're still trying to prove yourself... Not just to everyone else, but to yourself to. I think by the time you hit your 30's, you have a much better idea of who you are and where you're trying to go. I believe that what's going to happen when I hit my 40's is that I'm going to realize that I was right about where I wanted to go, just not about how I wanted to get there.

Anyways.... I'm all over the page and I don't really have anything real to say. I guess just that 23 year old virgins are interesting and it was a fun experience. I guess the thing that bothers me is that there are some leaps and so forth that are just not going to be able to be made to get to a friendship level. I guess I'm still learning that I really can't be friends w ith everyone that I meet and like, that some people it's really only going to get to a certain level with. It doesn't have anything to do with how much everyone likes each other, it just has to do with common grounds and visions.

Hm. I don't even really believe that! What do I believe??

I believe I need to drink some wine and eat some chocolate and be thankful for friends like Tony who bring me these gifts! :)

g'night

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts