Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Oscar's in the Air

I love this time of year. All the films that want to be nominated for Oscars are ponying up to be the last thing on the tip of everyone's tongue. So, they start trickling into theaters -- trying to be late enough in the year so they are remembered come vote time, but still early enough so they don't get inundated in all of the holiday crap. Even the movies that aren't trying to be Oscar-caliber are better than your average movie.

Mystic River, Kill Bill, Intolerable Cruelty and on and on. CAN'T wait. I can almost smell the popcorn in the air. Going to an advanced screening of Runaway Jury on Wednesday and really excited about that. The best part is that the Bravo channel is running all of these little snippets on the behind the scenes of the movies. I'm so excited I can't even see straight. Good movies -- movies that make you think and give you things to mull over. And things to TALK about. I LOVE seeing a really good movie and seeing it with intelligent people so there's so much to talk about afterwards. What they saw that you didn't see, the nuances that you may have catched that they didn't suspect. Where each of you thinks the movie was going. I LOVE the movies!

Well, my golden carriage is about to turn back into a pumpkin so I think I'm going to head off...

-HP

No comments:


Popular Posts