Wednesday, October 22, 2003

anniversaries are for wussies

You see, Scott or S or Daddy and I have been together for a year coming up this Monday, the 27th. To be frank, it's not great timing. Things are not going great in the world (small w) these days and it's just not great timing...

But, it's not like I care about that. It's been a year and we've made it. That means something, no?

No. Anniversaries are for girls, apparently. For girls to mark occasions and have benchmarks and milestones and so forth -- not that he said that. But he doesn't really understand why I'm making it a big deal. I make everything a big deal, so I'm not sure why this is all of a sudden a surprise -- but what're you gonna do??

But, you see... I'm not exactly known for doing well in relationships. Don't have a list of long-term ones and the ones I did have aren't really worth remembering -- other than to be glad they're over. So, it is a big deal to me. And just like everything that is a big deal to me, I want it to be a big deal for him too.

I know, I know. I'm whining. We've been through a lot, Scott and I. We managed to come back together after nearly two years apart and have grown in our relationship and grown in our feelings and faced many small obstacles already. He puts up with my emotionalism and I put up with his withdrawals. We complement each other on many levels and often speak a language that doesn't require a lot of words. That means something. It counts for something.

Someone not growing tired of me after 365 days is important to me. Me not growing tired of someone after same amount of time is also important.

And on some levels, I just want to get it over with! ;-)

This makes me a wussie. Fine. It's not the first thing to put me in that category, I'll have you know. But, I do think it's a big deal and I don't need fan fare and bouquets of flowers and dinner at Il Giardino or any of that crap. I just want the actual realization that despite the rain and thorns mixed in with the sunshine and roses that we have a pretty good thing going and there should be some time or day or whatever set aside to celebrate in how lucky we truly are to have one another.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:


Popular Posts