Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Normal life sucks

I've been on a "normal" schedule at work for the last few weeks. I hate it. I go in at 9:30 and get off at 6:00 every day. It's numbing it's so boring and I have absolutely NO excuses for not being more like a normal person anymore...

I should be eating regular meals.

My house should be neat.

My checkbook should be balanced.

I should know where my checkbook is.

I should be keeping in better correspondence with my friends.

I could be writing my Christmas cards.

Okay, that's not normal.

It's not fair. I was happy working late every night. When I didn't get home til 8:30 every night, no one expected anything from me. Low expectations are a benchmark of my existence for God's sake.

I couldn't work out or be expected to remember birthdays or go to dinner with my parents or whatever, because I worked weird hours. I was never home. That was the deal.

The stupid company broke my deal! I'm supposed to be happy that I have this normal, sitcom family life.

I'm not. I'm bored to tears. I don't HAVE a life to come home to, for pity's sake. It's just more tv and Internet and boring boring boring.

I know. I should broaden my horizons and venture out into the world now that I finally have the time to do that. Ick. I'm 30. That's too old to develop a life and have people start expecting things from me! Seriously.

There are so many things I find dissatisfactory about my home surroundings but I was willing to accept that for so long because I was never here and never had time to really think or care about it. And now I'm here. All the time. Every night. Night after night after night.

Something's gotta give. I can't be expected to start organizing closets at this stage of the game! Come ON! I've already decided to put all that off until I move. I have promised myself a fresh start when I finally sell this house and move on.

Anyways, that's a whole other blog and even I'm not bored enough to bitch about my stuff. Just go listen to Carlin's rant on the subject, it's the same thing.

bored to tears,
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts