Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Back Alley'ing Romance?
So, life in romance alley is fabulous (again). Isn't it disgusting how it works like that? But things are so good in Us-ville that I make myself sick with my gloating. Can't help it. I'm disgustingly, over the top filled with joy. I'm so happy most of the time on the inside that I have to act vague and disinterested on the outside because if I displayed how truly happy I feel than I would look like the Village Idiot. (You know, one of the Village People that didn't make it.) Isn't that sad? We live in a society where happiness is to be mocked and I can't even say anything because usually other people's extreme joy makes me physically ill even when I'm NOT unhappy. [sidebar: don't you just love double negatives? I think they kinda give your point extra emphasis... I mean, they don't NOT do that, do they? ;-)]

Seriously, though -- the problem with the fabulous part is what do I really have to talk about when things are good? How boring is that? Don't get me wrong, I don't want the alternative... I mean, it was just last week that I was bitching about the anniversary thing. [sidebar: OH MY GOD -- if I dare doubt the man in his sincerity again, I will whip myself with a wet noodle... Swept me off my feet, I swear to God. Flowers and fine dining and wooing the likes of which I haven't seen since... well, ever!] It's just that when things are going good, I don't like to talk to my friends about it. Not just because it's "boring", but because usually when things are going well it's because we're being particularly open and honest and so forth -- and that's nobody's business but ours. I guess the bitchin' stuff isn't anyone else's business either, but I got to let that stuff out! Besides, if I were happy all the time I'd be a Disney cartoon and life just isn't like that.

Even Snow White ate a poisonous apple and had that bad hangover.

Well, I had some other random stuff I wanted to talk about but I'm so tore up from stupid Applebee's quesedillas that I can't think of anything else.

I'm going to go search for ANYTHING in this house that has bubbles in it... But no caffeine. I need sleep.

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts