Saturday, October 25, 2003

Faux Single Life

So I went out to some of my old stomping grounds tonight solo (Daddy was home with a nasty ass case of poison ivy -- eesh!) and that was really bizarre.

You really can't go home again! Because I was out on Granby St. and I barely knew my way around, and I was the first friggin' bra at Mo and O'Malley's for God's sake! I was famous there!! So, it's a long ways to go from that point to not really being sure where to park or exactly where the bar was we were going to and so forth.

It was fun though. Relationship life, particularly the fairly domesticated tack that Scott and I have chosen, is so much different from single life and I can see now why Ms. Rose commented that I had forgotten. I had.

But, while I hadn't entirely forgotten the negative side of being single, I had sort of forgotten the fun side. And the really great thing about going out solo when you're in a relationship is that you don't have to deal with any of the bullshit stuff with being single (wondering if anyone's gonna hit on you or vice versa, being somewhat uncomfortable around other couples, etc) and can just focus on really having a good time with the people that you're with. I was out with my sunloving friend to meet her boyfriend and some of her other cronies. We talked about all kinds of crazy things (boobs, getting peed on, sex toys, movies, you name it) and I felt like a girl of 24 again. It was fun! I didn't drink til I was blind (although I was photographed until I thought I would be blind) like I might have done in my younger days and I got to come back to my boyfriend, oozing and pus-filled as he is he's still mine, baby!

So, the shortest version is that I had a great time. We all talked at once and everyone just wanted to hear their own opinion so we could get each other's reactions and there's the usual problem with the check at the end of the night, but I was really glad that I went. But. I don't miss it. I don't wish I was doing it every week again and I definitely hope I don't have to be out there doing it all again.

That scene is part of my past and it's something I enjoyed while I was doing it, but I'm so much happier being at home with my Daddy on a Friday night and watching lame tv and wearing pj's by 8:30 and playing card games... And when you're as happy as I am doing things that I never would have believed brought me happiness, well... That's when you know you've found your niche. ;-)

kisses all!
HP

No comments:


Popular Posts