Monday, October 06, 2003

I apparently do not have the kind of thoughts that people are wanting to comment on. No emails, no hitting the comment button -- I barely have friends saying anything about my stuff. To be honest -- I'm vain enough for this to bug me. Some days a lot more than others. I can't help it. I want to not care what people think. In fact, in the past I have gone to GREAT lengths to put on a show that I don't care what people think. But the truth is -- I do. I not only care what they think but I especially care when it seems to be about things other than ME!

Okay. I was joking there, but not entirely. It would be nice to have someone give me an opinion or comment on things that I have written. If I were getting paid to do this, then there would be a fair amount of comments -- and most of them probably wouldn't be all that positive. I don't want just positive comments -- contrary to popular belief I do not believe that the world revolves around me.

I don't!

Anyways. Enough of that.

I'm on vacation this week. It's Daddy's birthday today and we took the whole week off a long time ago. Plans were drafted and re-drafted and it would seem that what we're going to be doing is touristing around THIS area. Which is okay. Please understand that I am not a person who really appreciates leisure time. I get bored easily. I don't like to sit around. Well, I DO like to sit around, but after awhile I get bored. I really only seem to be able to appreciate sitting around if there is something else that I'm supposed to be doing. If I'm supposed to be at work or meeting my parents or mowing the lawn or cleaning my house or balancing my checkbook, then I can happily lounge in front of the tv with death-grip on the remote and a bag of tater chips for hours. But, if my only plan is to sit and watch tv, then I'm not so happy. I NEED the alternative. I need to know there's something else I could (or better still, SHOULD) be doing to really be good at vege-ing.

Speaking of vege-ing in front of the tv, here's what I've learned so far this morning. Ben and JLo did NOT break up, y'all. Well, they did -- but they got back together. The wedding is still on. :::Phew::: I was really worried about that, weren't y'all? Why am I asking -- it's not like you're going to respond! Also, there's this new kind of eyedrops where you just mist your eyes rather than dropping the drops in. I can't see how that works -- if I had something spraying towards my eyes then I'm going to shut my eyes. Are we lizards and the stuff just soaks thew our eyelids? Odd.

Last in Heather briefs, took a quiz today about my approach to conflict... The results were as follows:

You have a mixed approach to facing conflicts. You tend to switch back and forth between conflict avoidance and a more direct style, perhaps depending on the situation. Sometimes it's appropriate to avoid a conflict, especially if you're not feeling safe or it's the wrong time and place to face the problem. However, conflict avoidance is not a helpful style to use all the time. When you run away, you can't work problems out and unresolved issues build up.
Resolving disagreements takes a lot of maturity — it means you respect other people's ideas and listen to them without getting defensive. Try talking to someone, such as a therapist, relative or friend, who can help you learn how to consistently discuss your problems and make constructive efforts to solve them.
Don’t forget: If you ever become verbally or physically abusive during arguments, you should talk with a mental health professional about it as soon as possible in order to prevent further harm to others and yourself.


The part about the violence is kind of disturbing, isn't it? I'm thinking if you are a physically abusive person that you're not taking the time to finish the surveys they sometimes have at Hotmail. You're probably out looking for people to pick on. Maybe that's just my opinion... Not that I would KNOW what your opinion is, you never say...

Anyway -- I'm not bitter. I am going to head out for some coffee that's NOT Nescafe so I'll catch you around!

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts